Candle Care 101
Candles make great additions to every home. Follow these steps to ensure your candle is burned safely and effectively.
1. Never burn candles while unattended.
2. Keep lit candles away from pets, children, and anything that is flammable.
3. Discard your candle when there is 1/2" of wax remaining. This will prevent the glass from breaking.
4. Use a candle holder or plate in order to contain drips and melted wax.
5. Do not burn candles for more than 2-3 hours at a time.
6. Do not move or handle a burning candle.
7. Make sure the candle and candle holder are on a flat, stable surface.
8. Trim wicks to 1/4" or less before every use.
9. Do not burn candles in drafty areas. This can cause sooting and uneven burning.
10. Only burn candles in well ventilated rooms.
11. Be sure to only burn candles that have the wick in the center of the candle wax.
12. Make sure the melt pool is free of debris at all times.
13. Two hours is the perfect burning time. A nice, warm wax pool is formed and fully releases the fragrance. This also helps lengthen the life of the candle.
14. Most importantly, find scents that satisfy your preference and personality. The goal of home fragrance is to create an unmistakable ambiance, and a personal expression of discerning style.